BP – Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Downstream Segment is responsible for the supply and trading, refining, marketing and transportation of crude oil and petroleum products to wholesale and retail customers. We market our products in over 100 countries, operating primarily in Asia, Europe and North America but also in Australia, Africa and Central and South America.
This position reports to the Country Marketing Manager and is accountable for delivering marketing programmes and activities to deliver Distribution, Volume, Turnover, gross margin and market share targets covering both Auto and Industrial.
The role has direct operational responsibility for adapting and implementing Global programs in the market and owns the 24 Month channel Marketing plan.
The role provides, through deep customer and consumer understanding, inputs in the development of global strategy & offers.
- Accountable for the delivery of Volume, Turnover, Gross Margin and Market Share targets in all applicable country channels.
- Lead implementation of country Strategy leveraging Best Practice Tool kits to drive
o Penetration (Availability)
o Execution of Offers
o Distributor Capability for winning across Cars, CVO & Industrial
- Generate Nigeria/ Africa specific Insights for consumers and customers across our businesses as an input to OU/ Global teams to enable growth acceleration in Nigeria
- Accountable for delivery of marketing KPIs in Customer Heart Beat and supports Sales, Commercial Ops to improve overall Customer Heart Beat scores.
- Accountable for the development and execution of 24 month channel Marketing plan for total portfolio of brands in country. This involves adopting and adapting global offers and programs and creating tailor made offers as and when needed in support of WILG delivery direct and through intermediaries
- Drive implementation of pricing decisions working with Sales colleagues.
- Responsible for providing key channel and customer insights to global strategy & offer development for IWS, CVO & Industrial, and Retail. Also provides channel insights in Country WILG development
- Engages with FWS & Brand teams to share and deploy common programs and best practices across channels and distributors
- Manages Intermediaries, Industrial, IWS & Retail performance, the yearly marketing spend (ASP), in line with plans & plans interventions where needed
- Develop and implement a systematic approach through the embedding of relevant OMS elements and ensuring appropriate risk reviews are undertaken appropriately.
Understand, embed within the team and fulfil agreed specific Product Quality & Compliance accountabilities which apply to the role
- University degree in Marketing or related discipline
- MBA preferred; but not essential
Essential experience and job requirements
- Substantial experience of Africa environment
- Substantial experience in Marketing
- Substantial experience in B2B and B2C marketing activation
- Experience in a B2B Management Role
- Significant experience in disciplined marketing campaign execution
- Experience of working with agencies across multiple channels and countries
- Experience of working in a matrix organization with complex customer interfaces
- Lubricants experience desirable
- Sales experience desirable
- High degree of personal impact
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Innovative thinking
Strong networking skills, both in and outside the business
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location) Travel 25% location Lagos Nigeria
Desirable criteria and qualifications
Provide leadership in HSSE, consistent with BP values and the code of conduct
Understand and comply with BP policies, standards and regulations relating to HSSE.
Utilise the HSSE systems, processes and tools necessary to comply with HSSE policies, plans and standards relevant to the role.
Relocation available Yes – including international/expat
Travel required Yes – up to 25%
Is this a part time position? No