Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
This is a vital position to support Enterprise Business with in-life customer, SLA & fault management & resolution. He/She would be responsible for Vendor management and ensuring that MTTR is kept to the barest minimum. It is also expected that the ideal candidate should also be hands on in transmission and IP to ensure He/She is able to connect the dots as it relates to customer solution.
Expected End Results
- Incident Management Process
- Complaint logging & Tracking
- Meeting SLA as per criticality of incident
- Database of incidents generation, maintenance & creating MIS reports
- Develop and manage NOC operations for Enterprise Customers
- Technical knowledge of transmission, IP & Enterprise networks – Architecture, Operations and NOC
- Develop and Supervise NOC operations for enterprise customers
- Monitor the Enterprise network performance 24×7
- Take proactive actions in case of failures and service degradations of individual customer. Inform the customer about it.
- Prepare the Incident Management process for Enterprise customer complaints
- Implement the Incident Management process and adhere to it.
- Acknowledging Complaint and assigning a trouble ticket.
- Define the criticality of the incident as Critical, Major or minor as soon as an incident is reported.
- Informing about the incident with impact and resolution time to all the stakeholders (internal & External) as per the escalation matrix.
- Regular updates (normally hourly) of the incident resolution
- Following up with NOC and support teams till closure of the incident.
- Each incident should be closed individually with the affected customer.
- Each incident should be closed with the RCA and actions should be taken to implement the recommendations from RCA to avoid repeat failure of the similar nature.
- Generating and circulating the incident report weekly and monthly or as required.
- Creating and developing the database of incidents with the solution / actions required to make systems and process efficient. This database can be used to training NOC teams also.
- MIS for senior management
- Generate & circulate regular reports for enterprise customers – these reports should include at least usage, outages, RCAs of failures and specific incidents
- Regular meetings with partners
- Hands on Transmission & IP investigation when required
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree
- Sound knowledge of NOC operations and incident management for enterprise customers
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in NOC operations, transmission operations and incident management
- 3 years in various aspects of enterprise networks i.e. implementations & operations
- Entrepreneurial disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on SLAs
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character