Saipem is a large and international turnkey contractor in the oil & gas industry. The company enjoys a superior competitive position for the provision of EPC/EPCI services to the oil industry both onshore and offshore with a particular focus on the toughest and most technologically challenging projects and activities in remote areas. Saipem is a global contractor, with strong local presence in strategic and emerging areas such as West Africa, North Africa, Central Asia, Middle East and South East Asia. It employs over 40,000 people, comprising more than 125 nationalities.
- Coordinate and control the development of Environmental Design activities for Projects performed inside or outside the Company in accordance with project/client requirements and Company HSE Management System
- Coordinate the implementation of the Environmental Management Plans at site during project construction phase
- Ensure the development of Waste/Chemical/Water Management Plan, obtain relevant permits from authorities and monitor implementation
- Establish an environmental monitoring and audit program applicable to all phases of the project and company operations
- Develop Occupational Safety Risk Assessment
- Take part in environmental accident / incident investigation
- Ensure the development of spill contingency plan and monitor implementation
- Ensure compliance with noise regulations requirements
- Ensure and monitor protection of air quality within the project activities
- Ensure interface management between Saipem and the various regulatory agencies of government.
Qualification & Experience
A degree in Engineering or Sciences with a minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant experience in Environment Management in the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of local law and internal rules for managing waste, main principle of storage, reuse, reduce and disposal.
- HSE emergency management
- ISO14001 certification
- Knowledge of audit techniques and ability to conduct HSE / safety / environmental inspections as well as supervise the implementation of specific procedures on site
- Knowledge of local Environmental legislation
- Knowledge of techniques and methodologies for environmental impact analysis, identification and evaluation.
- Knowledge of environmental impact control measures (at least for air, ground, water, waste, energy)