MIXTA NIGERIA – The Real Estate Unit of ARM, Mixta Real Estate was formally constituted as a separate business in 2005 to leverage on ARM’s experience in real estate, take advantage of the improving operating environment as well as capitalize on market opportunities.
The underlying philosophy of the Real Estate Unit is to facilitate and enable value maximization from real estate assets on behalf of the investors, clients and the proprietary account. The unit aims to provide industry leadership in the area of real estate financing and development and become a fully integrated real estate investment business.
- General strategic advisory in hospitality development pipeline and investments
- Identifying suitable marketplaces
- Determine the adequate types of operations and concepts
- Identify suitable brands, operators and strategic partners
- Hospitality Project & Pre-Opening stage
- Review of operational concepts (Hotel; other lines eg Spa; and Food & Beverage)
- Define and select suitable brand(s) / operator(s)
- Hotel management company selection
- Operator contract negotiation
- Review of operator standard requirements and their relevance
- Verify operating equipment purchasing procedures (FF&E, SOE) and review of operators requirements of the same
- Be owner’s representative towards the operator/brand to ensure:
- Protect owners interest in the adherence to reasonable brand building, design and operational standards
- Evaluate Management team (GM & Executives) suggested by operator
- Evaluate and review operators Sales, Marketing & PR plans including digital marketing and sales via the various GDS and web channels
- Supervise and challenge Budgeting and forecasting process
- Post Opening and current operating properties
- Management support on operational issues and concepts
- Analyse, review and negotiate annual budget / business plans
- Review and advice on performance of operator’s management team (GM & Executives)
- Ensuring operator’s strict adherence to Management contract
- Recommend and help implement initiatives to optimize cash flow (e.g. assess staffing levels, review cost structure etc)
- Ensure that operator remains focused and work diligently to constantly improve business performance and portrait good citizenship in the community representing the name of the owning company.
- Client survey (mystery guest analysis, guest satisfaction etc)
- Co-ordinate hotel disposal
- Re-negotiation of management contracts – re-branding; Re-position strategy and analysis
Desired Skills and Experience
- A good first degree in social science or related course. A master’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years related experience especially in the hospitality field
- A comprehensive understanding of hotel property and to an extent operations
- The ability to manage people and ensure good relationships are maintained at all times.