Man Electrocuted To Death While On Phone Near Transformer

Must Read

Father, Mother, 11 Children Down With Coronavirus

A Spanish family of father, mother and eleven children have all contracted Coronavirus.DailyMail UK reports that the Cebrian Gervas family...

Missing Osun Coronavirus Patient Found

The State Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, Mrs Funke Egbemode has confirmed that the coronavirus patient that absconded...

Covid-19: FG Seeks NASS Approval For N500bn Intervention Fund

Following move by the federal government of Nigeria to eradicate the novel coronavirus in the country, an approval has...

COVID-19: No Licence Has Been Issued For 5g In Nigeria – Presidency

Series of conspiracy theory has been making the rounds drawing the relationship between electromagnetic waves emitted from 5g networks...

COVID-19: What Chinese Doctors Are Coming To Do In Nigeria – FG

The federal government of Nigeria has come out to clarify that the 18-man Chinese medical team coming to Nigeria...

Electricity-transformer-Swat

Residents of Maruthi Nagar in Madiwala, southeast Bengaluru, are fuming. Ignoring their protests, Bescom put up an 11kV line and a transformer just metres from their houses and commercial structures. On Sunday afternoon, a 25-year-old man from Tamil Nadu was electrocuted when he came in contact with the line on II Cross.

Gauri Shankar had rented a room on the first floor of Sea Pearl Lodge on Saturday night.He was in the city with a friend on a business visit. Around 1.30pm on Sunday, Gauri Shankar was speaking on his cellphone on the balcony of his first-floor room.The transformer was just a few metres away . His friend, who was inside, suddenly heard a noise, as also neighbours. “We rushed out to find Gauri Shankar lying unconscious on the balcony floor,” said Leonard, who lives next door.Gauri Shankar was dead by the time he was taken to Sri Venkateshwara Hospital, near the lodge. “We have booked a case of negligence against Bescom,” po lice said. It is still not clear how Gauri Shankar came in contact with the wire, considering that although the transformer and electricity line run close to the building, he would still have to reach out to touch it.

“I have a two-year-old child and am terrified when he goes out to play. The high-tension wire was put up in this largely residential area about four years ago, after which the transformer was built. We were against it but nobody paid attention,” said Leonard, a supplies manager with an MNC. There is no grill or any barricade surrounding the transformer. “Bescom officials and local councillor BN Manjunath Reddy were here with police soon after the incident.They are now talking about insulating the wire,” he said.

Indian Times.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -