As the year draws to a close, and we patiently await the beginning of a new one it is good to look back and count our blessings and loses as a country. Nigeria like any other country in the world had its moment of ups and downs. A lot of events took place in Nigeria that brought us joy, and some we hope never happen again. IINFORMATION NIGERIAN has put together the 10 major things that happened in/to Nigeria in 2015…
1. In January, Boko Haram unleashed terror on Villages in Borno State, kidnapping 40 boys and young men, razed the entire town of Baga causing thousands to flee to neigbouring Chad. Female suicide bomber killing self and 19 people in a market in a city in Maiduguri and Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau claiming responsibility for the attack in Baga.
2. General elections were postponed for six weeks to allow the Nigerian troops take over territories currently controlled by Boko Haram in February.
3. Amid series of bombings in Maiduguri by Boko Haram, the presidential election held on March 28th.
4. Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress, APC emerges President, making him the first person to defeat an incumbent in Nigerian history.
5. Muhammadu Buhari is sworn into office as Nigerian President till 2019.
6. Buhari announces that he inheritted an empty treasury, hence the commencement of search for looted funds under President Jonathan.
7. Bukola Saraki emerges Senate Prresident while Ike Ekweremadu emerges as deputy Senate President amid several divisions in the Senate chamber.
8. Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade dies in July
9. Buhari and Osinbajo declare assets publicly in September.
10. Buhari released his Ministerial list in October. After Ministers were screened by the Nigerian senate, they were sworn in on 11th November.
Nigerians everywhere are hoping for the best in the coming year!