Standard Chartered Bank – We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
The Senior FCC Manager is to provide support, oversight and assurance that core operational processes executed in FCC, as well as the specialist supporting systems for surveillance/ screening are functioning effectively and efficiently in handling financial crime risks for the business as usual teams.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate / generate MI and ensure visibility to right stakeholders
- Interpret MI and provide covering analysis for Committees and Management Forums
- Provide oversight on risk profile screening escalations / alerts
- Review significant risks and issues (e.g. SAR’s and confirmed name matches) reported to ensure that all connected parties, particularly across borders, are identified and reported at the appropriate levels internally and externally across all relevant jurisdictions. This should include the use of “link analysis” tools.
- Track/report all remedial actions (audit, CMRs, exams, RA etc.)
- Manage escalations from the business
- Implement the transaction monitoring and screening framework appropriate in the area and country so that relevant alerts are generated for investigations
- Provide advice and guidance to the frontline staff regarding financial crime screening policies and procedures when necessary
Leadership and Management
- Provide leadership and guidance to the area FCC team
- Help develop skilled resources within the area team who can contribute to the management of FCC
- Support efforts to position the Bank as an industry leader in the eyes of regulators and industry stakeholders
- Promote and embed a compliance culture throughout the Bank
- Partner with colleagues across the Bank to help drive a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification and assessment
- Work closely with the Regional’s Governance function and their teams, ensuring there is a consistent message to country FCC, and dealing with country issues as they come up
- Support the business in managing regulatory relationships where FCC issues are a problem
Qualifications and Skills
Execute Compliance Governance, Frameworks and Models
Partner with the business to make decisions based on the knowledge and interpretation of current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information of financial crime
Develop and implement financial crime compliance arrangements/frameworks (programs, policies and procedures) for bank and business lines
Develop and implement risk and Market Integrity methodologies
Deliver effective FCC/Sanctions/AML/ABC training programs to meet the training needs of the business
Implement Identification, Monitoring, Testing, and Reporting
Implement prevention and detection client due diligence (CDD, EDD and CIP) to verify the identity of clients
Implement FCC/sanctions/AML/ABC risks identification and assessment and advise business on the findings
Resolve suspicious activity alerts (SARs)
Partner with Business and Operational Risk to identify and mitigate financial compliance risks
Manage and Mitigate Risks
Conclude investigations of non-compliant activities
Review system safeguards and recommend process enhancements
Manage FCC Regulatory Relationships
Participate in regulatory and supervisory meetings and consultations
Resolve conflicts of interest arising from regulations and information security
Partner with regulators locally or globally