The crisis rocking the Rivers state chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) seems to be plunging deeper as 16 out 32 members of the state’s House of Assembly have lost their case at the Court of Appeal.
PM News reports that in the court’s latest judgment, the election that brought the affected 16 PDP Lawmakers to power did not substantially comply with the electoral law.
The politicians who lost include:
1. Granville Wellington in Asari Toru constituency 1, lost to Hope Barango-Tariah of APC.
2. In Asari Toru Constituency 2 as well, Emeni George of the PDP lost to Godstime Ben-Horsfall of APC.
3. The PDP lawmaker representing Ahoada-East 2 lost his appeal to the challenger, Ibiso Nwuche of APC.
4. In Akuku-Toru constituency one, Jack Major of PDP lost his appeal to challenge of Ineye Jack of APC.
5. Ikuinyi Ibani, the immediate past Speaker of the House who represents Andoni constituency, lost his appeal against the challenge of Romnsan Dressman of APC.
6. Farah Dagogo, the representative of Degema constituency, also lost his appeal against the challenger Eldred Braide of APC.
7. Golden Ben Chioma of APC triumphed over Tonye Ejiogu of PDP representing Etche constituency 2.
8. Oguguo Anslem representing Ikwerre lost his appeal against Azubuike Wanjoku of APC.
9. Dinebari Loolo of Khana constituency 2 had the earlier nullification of his mandate upheld by the Court of Appeal affirming the deposition of Friday Nkee of APC.
10. Martin Amaehule of PDP representing Obio/Akpor constituency one lost his attempt to retain his mandate as contested by Collins Ordu of APC.
11. Michael Chinda of PDP representing Obio/Akpor constituency 2 also fell in the challenge posed by Belief Wali of APC.
12. Evans Bipi, an aide to Mrs Patience Jonathan, could not hold on to his seat at Ogu/Bolo as he lost to Williams Enos of the APC.
13. In Omuma constituency, Leo Anyanwu of APC still won the earlier nullification of the mandate of Kelechi Nwogu at the Court of Appeal.
14. In Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni Constituency, Gift Wokocha of APC triumphed over Christian Ahiankwo of PDP.
15. Ngbar Amulele of PDP lost to Matthew Dike of APC.
16. Irene Inimgba of APC nullified the election of the PDP candidate, Ihunwo Nyeche for Port Harcourt constituency two.
The report further stated that some of the cases are still pending in the court.
This reports is also coming a few weeks after the acting national chairman of the PDP was sacked for occupying the seat of the chairman illegally.