Former Presidential Candidate of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) and All Peoples Party (APP) chieftain, Chief Olu Falae on Sunday explained to worshippers at St. David’s Cathedral, Ijomu street, Akure that he was not involved in the massive diversion and looting of security funds traced to ex-National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd).
Although he was booed by the congregation, according to Per Second News, Falae explained that N100 million, which the former Board of Trustees (BOT) of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Tony Anenih, purportedly paid to him was in no way connected to the NSA funds but it was meant for logistics for voters’ mobilization in the alliance forged between the Social Democratic Party (SDP) and the then ruling party (PDP).
Chief Falae said that he had appeared on some publications to clear his name off the scandal. He said he had also explained to the Bishop of Akure Anglican Diocese, Right Reverend Simeon Borokini and shown him papers on the transfer made to him by Chief Tony Anenih. He said a copy of the same document had been deposited with the Provost of the Cathedral, Very Revd Osotayo.
The former Finance Minister said that he would not hesitate to take legal action against anyone who attempts to create a wrong impression on him over the $2.2 billion arms scandal.
He promised to continue to engage the media to exonerate himself over the heightening allegations.