FINALLY!!! Metuh Admits Receipt Of N400m From Jonathan, To Reveal Purpose Only In Court

Must Read

Arsenal Decimates Newcastle To Move Into The Top Of Half Of The League Table

Arsenal has now moved up to 10th on the domestic league table following the four nil annihilation of Newcastle...

‘I Won’t Negotiate With Criminals But Fight Them’ – Gov Bello

Kogi state governor, Yahaya Bello has stated that instead of his administration to negotiate with criminals, it would fight...

SERAP Gives FG Seven-Day Ultimatum To Disclose Details Of Recovered Abacha Loot

The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has issued a seven days ultimatum to the Federal Government to reveal...

‘Revenge Killings In Katsina State Unacceptable’ – Buhari

  President Muhammadu Buhari has advised against revenge following an attack on two communities in Katsina state that claimed the...

Spurs Move Up To Fifth On Premier League Table 

Jose Mourinho's Tottenham Hotspur secured a vital victory to move up the Premier League table with an entertaining 3-2...
daniel
Ardent Reader, News Freak, Socio-Political Commentator, Archaeologist & Pro-Democrat.

Olisa Metuh-EFCC

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said its spokesman, Chief Olisa Metuh is cooperating with investigators at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The admission of cooperation with the anti-graft agency came on the heels of reports that Mr. Metuh tore the statement he willingly wrote while in detention at the commission’s head office in Abuja.

The party said its spokesman has admitted receiving the sum of N400 million from former President Goodluck Jonathan for an assignment he did; although it failed to disclose the particular assignment in question.

The party also said Metuh has indicated his readiness to make public the nature of the assignment, but only in the law court where his statement would not be distorted by anyone.

A statement on Tuesday by Metuh’s special assistant, Richard Ihediwa, lamented what the party termed “untrue reports” in the media, saying the spokesman believed that his continued detention and failure to charge him to court are deliberately intended to prevent him from telling his own side of the story in the open court for all Nigerians to know.

According to Ihediwa, his principal had since informed that sometime in December 2015, the ONSA published an invitation to companies they believed executed contracts for it for a chat, adding that upon ONSA invitation via a text message, Metuh, regardless of the fact that he did not execute any contract for the Office, appeared before the ONSA panel, wherein he presented his company’s statement of account showing that the sum of N400 million paid on the instruction of the ex-president for an assignment was traceable to the ONSA account.

Chief Metuh, had hinted that he did some assignment for the ex-president at a media briefing last year before his eventual arrest by the anti-graft body over a week ago.

“We are therefore worried at the continued media persecution where a citizen is being charged, sentenced and jailed in the court of the media instead of being charged to the law court as required by the law”, the statement said.

“This office urges Nigerians not to lose sight of the sequence and inconsistencies in the investigation and publications regarding Chief Metuh’s case. We believe that in this case, the law must not be suspended but applied in its full measure by charging and allowing Chief Metuh to state his case in the open court instead of this continued media persecution against him”.

- Advertisement -
Ad ==> TRUTH FINALLY OUT! Discover how a young Nigerian graduate now makes a consistent 40k per week doing a legitimate online business. You too can start yours now, click here!!!

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -