The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja yesterday granted bail to the embattled National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Mr. Olisa Metuh, to the tune of N400million. There are other clauses to the N400m bail!!! In this piece, INFORMATION NIGERIA presents the 5 Conditions he has to meet…
1. The trial Justice Okon Abang ordered Metuh to produce two sureties who must deposit the sum of N200m each.
2. The court maintained that the sureties must not only be residents in Abuja, but owners of landed properties within the Maitama district of the FCT.
3. The sureties are to submit the Certificate of Occupancy of the properties to the Chief Registrar of the court for verification, as well as submit their three years tax clearance.
4. The sureties must swear to an affidavit of means and also submit two recent passport photographs.
5. Justice Abang ordered Metuh to surrender his international passport to the Chief Registrar of the high court.