The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, following his alleged involvement in the arms deal scandal. Metuh is currently at the office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, answering questions regarding some N400m said to have been traced to his firm. Based on this, Information Nigeria brings you 5 revelations you need to know about the arrest…
– The company, Destra Investment Limited, which is alleged to be Metuh’s had N6. 67 million as at November 24, 2014, but by last December, had a balance of N1.4billion
– The Nation reports that EFCC investigators discovered that Destra Investment Limited was used to fund the PDP’s activities, including its 2015 campaign.
– N400million was said to be deposited into the account from the Office of National Security Adviser (ONSA) on November 24th 2014 and there is no document to show that the company executed any job for ONSA.
– Other deposits were N253million (December 2nd and 4th, 2014) from Ibrahim Kabiru whose identity was yet to be confirmed; N91million on 2nd December 2014 from Capital Field Investment; and N92million on 3rd December 2014 from Etonye Oyintoneife.
– Other documents indicated that Metuh was allegedly on a monthly unexplained stipend of N4million cash from ONSA.
Over to you guys!!!