Teen Boy Dies From Excessive Use Of Deodorant

Must Read

Picture Of Italian Man Infected With Coronavirus Surfaces Online

Lagos Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi visited the Italian man, who is the index case for the Novel Coronavirus...

Coronavirus Could Strike Every Country On The Planet – WHO

The deadly Coronavirus could strike every nation on the planet as the crisis won't slow down anytime soon, the...

How I Vowed Never To Deceive Those Who Elected Me – Senate President

Senate president Ahmed Lawan has revealed that he made a promise never to deceive people who elected him into...

Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today: 29th February 2020

Good Morning, welcome to Information Nigeria’s Newspaper headlines for today, 29th February 2020.Here are the major headlines.Repentant Terrorists To...

See The Numbers To Call If You Suspect Cases Of Coronavirus Around You

According to a report obtained from The Nation, the Lagos Speaker Mudashiru Obasa has urged residents of the state to...

deodorant_3543453b

A Kent teenager died after inhaling the gas from deodorant he was spraying himself with, an inquest has found 16-year-old Thomas Townsend used large amounts the aerosol to clean himself rather than take showers, the Folkestone inquest was told. He died on August 29 last year at Red Lodge in Millfield, Folkestone. Staff member Lucy Banyard discovered his body on the landing outside his room at about 6.30pm. Paramedics were called but were unable to revive him. Police investigators later found 42 cans of aerosol products in his room, many of them empty.

His mother, Sally Townsend, said: “He would not take showers but would stand there with a deodorant and spray half the can on him. Then he would spray aftershave to cover up BO (body odour). “He would go through a can a week. I didn’t know he had so many cans in his room but he was a big hoarder.” The cause of death was given as circulation collapse caused by butane gas inhalation, said pathologist Dr Kareem Aboualfa, who noted there was no drink or drugs in Thomas’s system.

Thomas had been in a foster home for five years until he moved to the children’s home in February 2015. The inquest heard that he’d found it hard to settle there, and had a history of self-harm – but had expressed no intention to take his life and showed no interest in substance abuse.

He was due to start college a few weeks after his death, having finally settled into the children’s home, and was looking forward to a career as a farrier. Recording a verdict of accidental death, Coroner Rachel Redman said: “He sprayed it [deodorant] all over himself and succumbed to the effects of the gas.”

UK Telegraph.

- Advertisement -
Ad ==> Discover how a young Nigerian graduate now makes a consistent 40k per week doing a legitimate online business. You too can start yours now, click here!!!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -