Wherever people come together to imagine something, create something, build something, we’re there to help make it real. For over 200 years. Around the world.
Citi’s mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world’s toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank – an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
Job Title: Compliance Testing Officer (Abuja)
The goal of the Compliance Testing Team in EMEA is to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, and to perform planned reviews against regulatory requirements and pertinent processes.
The Compliance Testing Officer will be expected to perform reviews of specific areas of regulatory compliance and coordinate the execution of testing on a region-wide basis by other Compliance staff, operating as a virtual team.
The Officer will also be expected to review regulatory requirements to determine appropriate test programme coverage.
The Compliance Testing Team Exists To Assist In The Management And Oversight Of Compliance Risk In The Following Ways
• To complete Compliance Reviews using a strong, independent and consistent global process
• To pro-actively identify areas of compliance risk and escalate these to senior management for resolution
• To ensure that effective and timely corrective actions plans are in place to address any areas of compliance risk that are identified
• The Compliance Testing Officer (‘The Officer’) will perform analysis against regulatory risks and associated controls and conduct testing of these in accordance with predetermined standards and test programmes
• The Officer will be involved in reviews covering various businesses and processes across all sectors
• The Officer will work on reviews both in the capacity of lead reviewer as well as participant in the reviews led by other team members
• The Officer will perform remote reviews, both through the centralised capture of data amenable to sample-based and testing and through the development of virtual review teams, able to be directed by the Officer towards the collaborative execution of a review
• Based in the regional office ( Abidjan, Nigeria ) the officer will work with various countries in providing consultancy on control issues surfaced during compliance reviews in the respective countries
• Reviews will be conducted based on both those planned for the year (thematic, horizontal, targeted, ad-hoc) or on account of regulatory and/or business/industry issues
• The Officer will work on individual projects assigned from time to time within the Compliance Testing remit
• The Officer will be a member of the regional Compliance Testing Team and will be expected to provide a strong advisory role in the unit’s activities, strategy and development
The successful candidate will play an important role in the testing activities of the unit providing opportunities to develop a more in-depth view of the businesses being tested from a regulatory and compliance perspective.
Furthermore, the officer will get an opportunity to work with other pillars/facets of controls while working on special project co-ordination initiatives.
The role also entails junior supervisory responsibilities, building, developing and overseeing virtual teams charged with review execution.
• A minimum of a first degree or its equivalent in any discipline plus a relevant higher degree or professional qualification
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
• Minimum 10 years industry experience with a background in Compliance, Risk or Audit, preferably gained in an international financial institution
• In-depth understanding of audit methodology, risk and control analysis
• Experience of at least three major areas of banking operations, including very good knowledge of Corporate Banking products, processes, procedures and regulations
• A good knowledge of multiple control testing environments
• Strong oral and written communication / negotiation skills, with the proven ability to influence opinion, articulate/substantiate review findings and defend these if challenged by senior business management
• Strong ability to manage and facilitate work projects both on the ground and with remote units
• Accuracy and attention to detail in the presentation and publication of compliance testing reports to a senior audience
• Strategic and goal-oriented focus
• Unwavering commitment to co-operative and collaborative working
• Strong project management and presentation skills
The successful candidate will need to show that he/she is prepared to take responsibility to lead/manage testing in a multi-dimensional business environment.
The candidate should be able to work with compliance and business partners in pursuing our common objectives.
The candidate must be able to work effectively within the testing team members and the countries across the region and beyond.
- Primary Location: Nigeria, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja
- Education: Master’s Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 16004923