The Senate Committee on Federal Capital Territory, FCT, has vowed to restore the Abuja Master plan especially in the exclusive Ministers Hill in Maitama District.
This is just as the committee revealed the names of 30 “powerful” Nigerians and companies allocated plots of land in the area, which it said was originally designated as green area in the original Master plan of the FCT.
Chairman of the committee, Dino Melaye (APC-Kogi State), who made the disclosure during a budget defence by the FCT Ministry led by its Minister, Muhammed Bello, on Friday, also ordered all ongoing construction works in the Ministers Hill to be suspended.
The chairman, who was visibly angry by the sharing of land among these select few, said the development was more painful considering the fact that the area is not just an ordinary hill, but landmark that holds “historical importance”.
“Unfortunately, this entire place around the hill has been allocated”, Sen. Melaye said, while holding up a map of the area. “This is absurd. This is wicked. This is treacherous. This is not acceptable”.
He went further to reveal the identities of the individuals and companies, who shared the Ministers Hill among themselves with the support of the immediate past FCT Minister, Sen. Bala Mohammed.
- Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN) – Ex-Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice
- Ahmed Mohammed
- Isa Yuguda – Ex-Bauchi State governor
- Goodluck Jonathan – Ex-President
- Bala Abdullahi
- Olusegun Aganga – Ex-Minister of Trade and Investments
- Diezani Alison-Madueke – Ex-Minister of Petroleum
- Abdullahi Mohammed
- Prince Uche Secondus – Ag. National Chairman, PDP
- Haruna Ahmed
- Owoye Andrew Azazi (retd.) – Late ex-NSA
- Tofico Limited
- Ikeme Anni
- Aminu Mohammed
- Olayinka Dosekun
- Oluwasope Olorunfemi
- Mapu Petrochemicals Limited
- O Investment Limited
- Dot Matrix Limited
- Hermony Integrated Farms Limited
- Blue Ocean Petroleum Limited
- Mega Force Trading and Investment Company Limited
- Obikwo Uroke
- Jonny Mahtan
- Fishery Top Homes Limited
- Pastorate Vat Limited
- Oche Alichenu
- Chronas Consult Limited
- Adamu Ismaila – Current Executive Secretary of the FCT
- Quality Design Construction Limited
Melaye stressed that aside directing that work should stop on construction of buildings in the area, “any structure there will have to go and we’ll plant our greens there and the long lost reputation of the city will be established”.