The Senate on Friday threatened to order the revocation of plots of land said to have been allocated to former President Goodluck Jonathan and 29 others in Maitama district, Abuja. The Chairman, Senate Committee on Federal Capital Territory ( FCT Abuja), Senator Dino Melaye who issued the threat during a budget defence meeting between the committee and the FCT Minister, Muhammed Bello, stated that beneficiaries of plots of land in the area will forfeit them based on some reasons. INFORMATION NIGERIA has highlighted the reasons profferred….
1. Following the Senate’s directive to all its standing committees last week to embark on oversight functions of agencies of government under them, Senator Melaye had stormed the plots of land in Maitama district along with members of his committee where they saw workers erecting structures on the lands said to be reserved.
2. Senator Melaye insists that the plots of land allocated to Jonathan and others in the Maitama District fall must be taken from them because these plot of lands fall within an area designated for erection of tourist structure for foreign visitors.
3. In light of the need to take the lands, Melaye said that his committee had directed that work should stop on construction and buildings on the area.
4. Other people whose lands will be taken apart from former president Jonathan, includes former Justice Minister and Attorney-General of the Federation, Muhammed Bello Adoke; former Bauchi State governor, Isa Yuguda; acting National Chairman of PDP, Uche Secondus; late National Security Adviser, Andrew Okoye Azazi etc.
Do you think the senate will actually carry out its threat???