Dangote Cement PLC is the biggest quoted company in West Africa and the only Nigerian company listed among Forbes Global 2000 Companies. The Company currently has several cement production plants in Nigeria in addition to presence in 14 other African countries. To consolidate its current strategic expansion drive and as part of our growing vision.
Job Title: Workshop Manager
- This position will manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop.
- It requires the job holder to co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
- Assist with quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
- Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
- Provide oversight and check job estimates.
- You hold a Degree in Business Administration or in a Technical field, Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred;
- You possess at least twenty-five (25) years of experience in a similar role;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people at various levels from shop floor to senior management
- Can look beyond the initial customer enquiry and identify other business opportunities
- CAD drawing skills are an advantage but not essential
- Project management