Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited is an independent and recognized leader in providing wireless voice and data turnkey services to the telecommunication industry.
Job Title: IBS & Special Coverage Engineer
Reporting To: Programme Manager, IBS & Special Coverage
- Designing Distributed Antenna Solutions (DAS) systems providing enhanced in-building wireless coverage.
- Designing of in-building and repeater systems
- Interfacing with sales and customer representatives to determine coverage requirements and customer needs.
- Completing RF surveys at enterprise/cutomers’ locations
- Developing and analyzing RF link budgets.
- Developing project requirements, including statements of work and subcontractor contracts.
- Drafting customer proposals describing recommended coverage solutions, including lists of materials and services.
- RFP technical response support to Business development
- Requirements collection,
- System design with the use of Auto Cad
- Selection of the best DAS solution
- Wi-Fi system design, planning and implementation
- Acting as on-site Project Manager for specific projects assigned.
- Creating and following project schedules.
- Interfacing with customers and installation crews as needed to successfully complete project
- Submitting/tracking materials and equipment required for installation.
- Creating and following through change orders for customers as appropriate.
- Installing and commissioning new systems.
- Installation of Repeaters (band selective and fibre)
- Integration of DAS solutions into the macro network,
- Demonstrating proficiency in using test equipment
- Troubleshooting system and test equipment problems to satisfactory resolution.
- Working with the implementation staff to address and solve problems to customer’s satisfaction.
- Interference analysis,
- RF optimization
- Participating as an active team member of Merit ENS division.
- Working with other team members as needed to complete proposals and projects accurately and efficiently.
- Cooperating with business development representatives to address customer concerns in a timely manner.
- Promoting MERIT products and services to potential customers.
- Supervision of third party contractors.
- Transmission installation
- Microwave hardware installation & software configuration
- Fibre optics hardware installation & software configuration
- BSS (BTS hardware installation & software configuration).
- PC literacy: ability to use basic office applications, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD Lite, Outlook/Email.
- Working knowledge and able to configure and use RF and networking tools such as Site masters, spectrum analyzers, packet analyzers, Cellular/PCS Optimization test sets, TEMS Investigation, Walk-test analysis, various transmitters and receivers, protocol analyzers to conduct RF site surveys and troubleshoot real customer problems;
- Knowledge of available products and emerging industry standards (for instance UMTS, EvDo and LTE)
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with outstanding customer interface skills working with Wireless Services providers and end-enterprise customers;
- Wireless Standards and Organizations;
- Strong knowledge of propagation modeling and tools;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prepare and professionally present analysis reports.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent working experience;
- Project management certification is an advantage;
- At least 3 years of Indoor Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) experience.
- Candidates who have worked at companies that produced Distributed Antenna Systems or have worked on Distributed Antenna Solutions at PCS/Cellular providers are very STRONGLY PREFERRED.
- Radio Technologies, Antenna Concepts and Repeater concepts;
- Distributed Antenna System (DAS) knowledge: Network Design, Installation, and Management.
- Intimate working knowledge of CDMA, TDMA, GSM, iDEN, UMTS, EvDo, Wi-Fi & LTE technologies;
- Intimate working knowledge of public safety systems/solutions and experience with the implementation of these solutions;
- Ability to travel and work at the customer site for ~50% of normal work time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV’s to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 1st April, 2016