Rafael Nadal sues former French health minister over doping allegations

Must Read

Leah Sharibu Delivers Baby Boy For Top Boko Haram Commandant

  Leah Sharibu, the Dapchi schoolgirl abducted by Boko Haram insurgents, has reportedly given birth to a baby boy early...

Buhari Cannot Defeat Boko Haram: Fani-Kayode

Former minister of aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode has expressed that President Muhammadu Buhari cannot defeat terrorist group, Boko Haram. This is...

Chelsea Survive Late Hull City Scare To Qualify For FA Cup Fifth Round

Chelsea survived a late scare from the championship side, Hull City to qualify for the FA Cup fifth round...

Lassa Fever: 24 Killed, 163 Cases Confirmed So Far In January

At least 24 people have died of Lassa fever in the country since the latest outbreak of the disease...

University Of Ibadan Offers Admission To 4,359 Out Of 19,482

The University of Ibadan approved the provisional offer of undergraduate admission to 4,359 candidates for the 2019/2020 academic session. According...

1

Tennis star Rafael Nadal has launched a defamation lawsuit against a former French Minister of Health after getting tired of allegations linking him to doping.

The World’s number 5 ranked tennis star in March warned that he won’t tolerate any more attacks on his integrity as a sportsman and has now launched a defamation suit against Roselyne Bachelot who served as French Health minister between 2007 and 2010.
Speaking on Canal+, Bachelot accused Nadal of taking seven months out of tennis between 2012 and 2013 because he had taken drugs.
“We know that the famous injury which kept Nadal out for seven months is without any doubt because he tested positive,” Bachelot said. “When you see a tennis player out of action for a long time, it’s usually because they’ve tested positive.”
On Monday the 14-time grand slam winner released a statement announcing the filing of a case against her, for her comments made on French television in March.
“Through this case, I intend not only to defend my integrity and my image as an athlete, but also the values I have defended all my career,” Nadal said in his press statement.
“I also wish to avoid any public figure from making insulting or false allegations against an athlete using the media, without any evidence or foundation, and to go unpunished.”
“I am going to sue her, and I am going to sue everyone who is going to comment something similar in future, because I am tired of that,” .

“I let it go a few times in the past. No more.”

Source: Canal+

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -