Rockets fired from Syria hit Turkey’s Kilis

Must Read

12-Year-Old Girl Dies Of Coronavirus In Belgium

A 12-year-old girl confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) patient has died in Belgium, health officials announced on Tuesday.According to a government...

Sierra Leone Records First Case Of Coronavirus

Sierra Leone has recorded its first case of the new coronavirus.The government made this known on Tuesday, making it...

Coronavirus: US Regulator Approves Chloroquine For Emergency Treatment

The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine alongside some other...

Coronavirus: Sultan Slams Muslim Clerics For Misleading Followers

Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, has slammed some Islamic clerics over their non-adherence to instructions by experts on...

COVID-19: Lockdown By Buhari Is Legal, Says Osinbajo

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo says the lockdown order by President Muhammadu Buhari on the federal capital territory (FCT), Lagos and...

c9fd4c12acd8459d803df0b6f41a6d39_18

Five rockets have hit the Turkish province of Kilis near the Syrian border, killing one person and injuring 26,  in the latest attack launched from a Syrian area controlled by the Islamic State of iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS), officials said.

Deputy Prime Minister Yalcin Akdogan, who visited the southern province on Sunday, said two of the projectiles landed in the morning, slightly injuring six Syrian refugees and 10 Turkish nationals.

Three more hit Kilis in late afternoon, killing one person and wounding 10 others. Akdogan said 45 rocket rounds have been fired at Kilis since January 18 and killed 16 people, including Sunday’s fatality. At least 62 people have been wounded since then.

The Turkish military systematically responds by firing back at targets in Syria, in line with its rules of engagement, and Akdogan said Turkish artillery “immediately” retaliated to the rocket fire after the latest attack. “Their [the army’s] intervention is continuing … I am calling for our citizens to be calm,” Akdogan said in televised comments..

“All measures will be taken in this regard. Unfortunately there is no authority across our border.” Akdogan said measures would be announced after a cabinet meeting on Monday. Police used water cannon to disperse residents who were protesting what they said was the government’s lack of action after the attacks, Turkey’s Dogan new agency reported.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -