Three Australians and a New Zealander kidnapped on Wednesday in Calabar have been released.
Macmahon Holdings, the company which the men work for, said in a statement on Sunday night.
The men were in their vehicle when they were attacked by gunmen.
The company said they were among seven men released by kidnappers.
It said five of the men were injured, two seriously, and were receiving attention from a medical team.
The company didn’t state if a ransom had been paid for the men’s release.
Macmahon CEO, Sy van Dyk praised the efforts of Nigerian authorities, saying they worked closely with the company.
“We are very grateful for the professional support we have received from the authorities on the ground in Nigeria,” he said.
van Dyk also stated that the company has mobilised medical and other support teams in Nigeria to provide immediate support.
He also praised Australian, New Zealand and South African authorities and the company’s security advisors who supported Macmahon’s crisis management team.
“This has been an incredible team effort and our highest priority now is to finish the job by continuing to work together to get our people back safely to their families and homes,” he said.
“While we understand the media’s interest in these developments we ask that the privacy of all the families be respected at this time.“