Shiites Raise Alarm Over 779 Members In Military Detention

Must Read

COVID-19: 75 In Contact With Suspected UITH Case – Kwara Govt

No fewer than 75 persons had contact with the COVID-19 cases in Kwara state as well as the suspected...

COVID-19: Why I Don’t Wear Face Mask – NCDC DG

Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu, Director General of Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), says he does not wear face mask...

Lockdown: Makinde Expresses Disappointment With FG’s Conditional Cash Transfer

Oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde has expressed disappointment with the federal government of Nigeria's conditional cash transfer scheme.Makinde explained...

COVID-19: Lagos PDP Organises Emergency Food Relief Initiative (Photos)

The Lagos chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) has announced that it is setting up an emergency food relief...

HIV Drug That Treats Coronavirus Moving To Phase 2 Trials

An experimental HIV drug that has been used to successfully treat COVID-19 patients is in its second phase of...
daniel
Ardent Reader, News Freak, Socio-Political Commentator, Archaeologist & Pro-Democrat.

Shiite MuslimsThe Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) has released a list of 779 of its members allegedly being held by the Nigerian military in various detention facilities across the country since the December, 2015 clash between its members and the Army in Zaria.

The President of the Media Forum of the movement, Ibrahim Musa, who made the disclosure in a statement issued Monday in Kaduna, expressed worry that the Military, which waged an attack on the movement led by Sheikh Ibraheem El-Zakzaky, is planning on keeping them in detention indefinitely without trial.

He said: “In the aftermath of the Military’s carnage in Zaria, news have been circulating that some brothers and sisters of the Islamic Movement have been abducted by the Military. We have been hoping, it seems against hope, that the military will gradually release them as time passes, but for seven months now the Military has refused to even acknowledge their abduction.

SEE ALSO: Shi’ite vs Army: Islamic Movement Claims Fresh Killing Of Member In Military Detention

“However we are glad that before the eyes of the world, the Kaduna state government admitted burying 347 bodies of our members in a mass grave, which in itself is a war crime, and before us is a list of 850 our missing members since the December attack. Inevitably the question begging for answer is where are the remaining 503? Could they be in the military hands? We believe so, since only one mass grave has been disclosed to the public so far. There might also be another undisclosed mass grave dug by the Military”.

Musa further stated that, “Though at the Justice Muhammad Lawal Garba Commission of inquiry on the incident, the Military refused to disclose how many of our members it killed, we call on all relevant authorities to force the military to make further disclosures. It should with all urgency release our abducted members without any conditionality.

“We wish to reiterate that the killing of over one thousand people will not simply die down, even here in Nigeria, where the unimaginable do occur. We will not rest on our oars until justice is done to the greave families of the victims of the military’s onslaught on the Islamic Movement.

“It is on record that 191 members of the Islamic Movement are facing trump up charges in Kaduna courts, while our Leader is incarcerated together with his wife without charges against them. We still insist and call for their immediate and unconditional release from detention and we hereby attach the updated list of our missing persons for all to see”.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -