Three Die In Gas Cylinder Explosion In Edo

Must Read

FG Reacts To Pastor Oyakhilome’s Comment On Lockdown, 5G Network

The Federal Government has reacted to a comment made by founder of Christ Embassy, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome that the...

Nigeria On Course To Stop Coronavirus Pandemic: FG

The Federal Government has expressed that Nigeria remains on the right path to conquer the Coronavirus pandemic in the...

Only Buhari Can Determine Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, Ogun, FCT – FG

The Federal Government says only President Muhammadu Buhari can decide whether or not, the lockdown of Lagos, Ogun and...

COVID-19: Buhari Sends Solidarity Message To UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson

President Muhammadu Buhari has sent his message of solidarity to UK's prime minister, Boris Johnson who was rushed into...

Covid-19: Ekiti Begins Distribution Of Palliatives (Photos)

Following the lockdown imposed on the nation as a result of the novel coronavirus, Ekiti state government has begun...

cooking_gas_cylinders

Three persons have been confirmed dead and 10 others injured after a five kilogram gas cylinder exploded at a residential building in Edo State on Sunday.

The incident which occurred at No 32 Osazuwa Street, Off Benin-Agbor Express Road, Ikpoba-Okha local government area of the state claimed the lives of two siblings – Favour (two) and Odion (11).

Four families were affected in the incident that occurred in the early hours of Sunday.

According to The Nation the fire engulfed residents in the building when a family opened their door to know what was happening outside.

One of the victims, Ese Egharevba, whose husband and two children were affected, said she was outside when she heard the explosion.

Egharevba said they found the cylinder and took it outside, while her husband called on residents in the building not to strike any match or put their stove on.

But unknown to them, a family was already cooking inside one of the rooms in the building and when one of their children tried to open the door, fire engulfed the building.

A teacher, who gave his name as Christian Unuame, said the owner of the cylinder does not live in the building.

“The cylinder exploded around after 7:00am. We took the cylinder outside and warned everybody not to put on fire. I went to the bathroom to take my bath and some minutes later there was explosion and the building was engulfed by fire.

“Nobody in the house uses gas to cook, he said, it was somebody that kept the cylinder in my neighbor’s room.”

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -