Tetra Pak – Which takes its name from the original tetrahedron-shaped cartons it developed – manufactures and markets food packaging containers, filling systems, and distribution equipment for industrial customers in more than 170 countries. Its coated-paperboard boxes are used to hold dry, wet, cold, and shelf-stable foods and beverages. The privately-owned company is the largest subsidiary of holding company Tetra Laval International.
Job Title: MPM Operational Marketing Director
Job Code: LAG00001N
- Responsible and accountable for driving Market activities in Nigeria.
- Member of Tetra Pak West Africa management team.
- Lead Marketing Managers to effectively work with customers to promote Tetra Pak business.
- Ensures voice of market to Cluster and Global teams.
Lead Opeartional Marketing Activities in the MC:
- Support Account Plan Development in alignment with Cluster Initiatives
- Support Account Plan Execution in alignment with Cluster and market Initiatives
- Plan marketing activities in the market company
- Deliver marketing services per customer according to account plans and customer needs drawing materials and methodologies from Central / cluster
- Execute marketing activities in the market company
- Deploy and execute cluster strategy in the markets
- Work closely with customers to secure strategic alignment and deliver best customer value:
- Builds top to top relations with key accounts and secures understanding of customer’s marketing priorities
- Product deployment implementation
- Category leadership execution & follow up
- Strengthen carton relevance
- Drive cluster focus through resource sharing and best practice implementation.
Drive Market Leadership:
- Lead the MC BDP focusing on the identified MC initiatives and cascading up to Cluster Management
- Utilize portfolio segmentation data to identify local opportunities within MC
- Ensure Marketing Activities leverage in full the 4 P’s
MC Portfolio Management:
- Implement the Cluster PLC plan by product including new product deployment plans. (Product & Service)
- Recommend the required portfolio training programs across the MC organization, lead by example
- Share portfolio needs with Central team via Cluster Portfolio team.
- Ensure marketing and sales & distribution solutions readiness to deploy new product
- Integrate the product/portfolio plans into account plans
Apply Market and Business Intelligence to Market Company Opportunities:
- Utilize market and business intelligence output from cluster team to prioritize MC business opportunities and develop execution plans – provide two way communication between cluster /global
- Utilize value research data and information to support development of opportunities
- Define intelligence requirements for market and liaise with cluster business intelligence supporting research projects as needed. Analyze and use research data with customers.
MC Promotional Investment:
- Align and execute the agreed promotional investments with category plans, account plans and/or environmental initiatives
- Propose the annual marketing activities and budget for Market Company for submission to cluster
- Drive execution of marketing activities for Market Company
- Support the marketing activities execution within the M&PM function
- Control marketing expenditures within the budgeted framework
Language and Education:
- University Degree in Marketing or Business Admin.
- Fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Professional Skills and Experience:
- At least 7-15 year experience in FMCG Industry
- Brands & Product portfolio Management
- Good understanding of Traditional Trade
- Strong negotiation skills both internally and externally
- Portfolio and Category knowledge
- Full understanding of value chain management and costing
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to coordinate cross functional teams
- Ability to motivate specialists
- Driving win-win solutions
- Strong in issue resolutions
- Ability to rank priorities
- High communicative skills, responsible attitude
- Ability to work on one’s own