Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Job Title: Operations Support Coordinator
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
- Providing leadership and management of all the Support Services functions and systems at regional level , to ensure quality support to programme implementation is maintained in line with ACF Nigeria Country Strategy, internal policies, best practice and donor guidelines.
- Coordination of the support function inter-departmental work plans, in order to provide operational support to project implementation.
- Overall Management of support functions.
- General Administration
- Effective reporting and sharing of information
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have an advanced University degree (Masters) preferably in economics and/or political/humanitarian/Development studies or equivalent
- You have a minimum of 3 years of humanitarian experience in country level senior management/coordination role, in complex emergency / insecure contexts.
You aim to deliver innovative, quality programming:
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are passionate about finding creative solutions & innovative approaches to long-standing & critical problems.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate technical analysis, mission strategy, as well as donor policies & procedures, to suit different audiences – both verbally & in writing.
- You are able to consolidate & polish contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent.
- You identify & support less experienced technical managers to improve their reporting skills.
Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team:
- You are calm under pressure, diplomatic & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You model to your direct reports how to adapt your communication style to suit colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.