With the Rio 2016 Paralympics set to commence September 7 -18, the Nigerian Paralympic team leaves today for Brazil.
But there are some facts you need to know about Team Nigeria at the Paralympics.
1. Nigeria made its Paralympic Games debut at the 1992 Summer Paralympics in Barcelona.
2. Team Nigeria had a delegation of 6 male athletes in its Paralympics debut.
3. Nigeria won 3 gold medals at the Barcelona 1992 summer Paralympics. [/tie_slide]
4. Ajibola Adeoye is Nigeria’s greatest Paralympian ever. Winning a total of 4 medals at 2 events.
5. Sydney 2000 summer Paralympics was Team Nigeria’s greatest showing in the history of the games. Raking a total of 7 gold medals.
6. Nigerians have won a total of 22 gold medals, 11 silver, and 12 bronze in the Paralympics.[/tie_slide]