Olanrewaju said that OSEMA, which is saddled with the responsibility of providing relief materials to victims of disaster, had already sent official report to NEMA, through its Zonal Headquarters in Ado-Ekiti.
He said with the assistance of the state government and NEMA, OSEMA would provide relief materials to victims of the flood disaster soon.
The general manager, however, said there were procedures to follow for the distribution of relief materials.
He explained that victims of the flood have to formally request and present their case to the agency with photographs of their property that were damaged during the disaster attached.
Olanrewaju said without making request and providing photographs evidence of the affected or damaged property, it would be difficult for the agency to determine who to assist or provide with relief materials.
According to him, the disaster should have been avoided, if people of the state dispose their wastes properly.
He said the state government was embarking on dredging and re-channelling of blocked waterways, canals and rivers in the state.
Olanrewaju said that structures along or on the waterways, obstructing free flow of water would all be demolished soon.
He said OSEMA had been sensitising the people of the state to the dangers of blocking rivers and waterways with refuse.
The general manager equally called on residents to change their habit and attitude, urging them to stop dumping refuse into the waterways and drains.
NAN recalls that five communities were flooded on Sept. 13 in Osogbo, while a middle-aged man was reported to have lost his life in the flood incident, after his vehicle was drowned in a river.