2 Injured As Fire Raze Shops In Lagos

383052-burning-fire-getty-images

At least two persons sustained injury and about 11 shops razed in a fire outbreak at a shopping mall in Agege, a Lagos district, on Monday.

The incident which occurred at about 2:30 p.m., at Odo Eran Shopping Complex, was reportedly caused by inappropriate storage of chemicals.

According to reports, a firm selling paint indiscriminately stored the product, which exploded after coming in contact with inflammable items.

Confirming the incident, the General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Adesina Tiamiyu, said 10 other shops were salvaged by emergency workers.

He said the injured persons were treated by the Lagos State Ambulance Service (LASAMBUS).

Tiamiyu appealed to shop owners and companies to be cautious in storing inflammable materials.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here