30 world class players were shortlisted for yesterday’s 2016 Ballon d’Or awards, with Cristiano Ronaldo, emerging as the winner.
The Real Madrid forward received a total of 745 votes, more than double 2nd placed Lionel Messi, and three times more than Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann.
The voting was done by 173 journalists from around the world. Each selected a top three, with five points going to the first choice, three points to second and one to third.
France Football, who facilitate the award, released the names of the top 19 players, meaning 11 nominees did not receive a single vote.
In no particular other, see the 11 world class players who didn’t get a single vote…
11. Koke (Atletico Madrid)
10. Paulo Dybala (Juventius)
9. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
8. Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid)
7.Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich)
6. Hugo Lloris (Tottenham)
5. Gonzalo Higuain (Juventius)
4. Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich)
3. Andreas Iniesta (Barcelona)
2. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
1. Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)