The Abia State Police Command on Thursday confirmed the death of an environmental health officer and his wife in the Aba South Local Government Area.
The Public Relations Officer of the command, Mr Nta Ogbonnaya, told the News Agency of Nigeria Aba that the couple died in Bende, their local government area of origin where they had gone to observe the Yuletide.
Ogbonnaya said police investigations revealed that Mr. Prince McAnthony, and his wife, Oluchi, who also worked in the same health department of Aba South LGA, inhaled the fumes of a generator which they left close to their apartment.
However, a family source told NAN that there was more to the death.
The source said the couple had quarreled over the man’s amorous relationship with a woman who also works in the same health department.
The source said the man abandoned their rented apartment in Aba to stay in Bende.
He said the lover still visited him in Bende.
He said, “On December 10, the environmental health officer invited his wife to the village to collect school fees for their four children.
“That was the last anyone heard of them until when their corpses were discovered.”