Two people have been sent to their early graves while seven others were severely burnt in a fire incident that occurred at the Adigbe area of Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.
The fire according to eyewitnesses started when an artisan was welding a faulty gas tank at a petrol station in the area.
The inferno which destroyed properties worth millions of Naira was put out by officers of the Ogun State Fire Service and residents of the area.
Confirming the incident, Adebakin Aremu, the State Director of the Ogun State Emergency Management, said the agency would commence sensitization of residents on how to prevent fire accidents.
He however, called for more caution among residents to avert a recurrence and such avoidable loss of life.