The former Governor of Kwara State, Dr Bukola Saraki is new Senate President Of Nigeria.
However, here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about him:
1. Bukola Saraki was born on the 19th of December, 1962 (54 Years).
2. His father, Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki, was also a Senator (1979 – 1983) in Nigeria.
3. He attended King’s college, Lagos, from 1973 to 1978, and Cheltenham college, London from 1979 to 1981 for his High School Certificate.He also studied at the London Hospital Medical College of the University of London from 1982 to 1987, when he obtained his M.B.B.S (London).
4.At 27, Saraki was already an executive director in a commercial bank.
5. He worked as a Medical Officer at Rush Green Hospital Essex from 1988 to 1989
6. His political career started when he was appointed by the former president, Olusegun Obasanjo as Special assistant on budget issues in 2000.
7. He was the one who initiated the Fiscal Responsibility Bill and served on the Economic Policy Coordination Committee where he was responsible for the formulation and implementation of several key economic policies for Nigeria.
8. He was Kwara State Governor for two terms, from 2003 till 2011.
9. He was the first Nigerian governor to be awarded the national honour, a Commander of the Order of the Niger
10. Before becoming a senator, he was the former chairman of the Nigerian Governor’s Forum.