A family of three including a baby have died of suffocation as a result of cooking charcoal kept inside their room.
A man, his wife and their four-year-old daughter were found dead at their home in Dandora, Nairobi suspected to have died of “suffocation due to a cooking charcoal jiko which was inside the room.”
They were identified as Jackson Otieno Ogutu, 33, Gorreti Otieno, and baby Keyla Owino.
According to a report by Nairobi News, the bodies with no signs of physical injuries were found on the bed at 2pm Tuesday.
A caretaker of the building told police that he noticed the couple and the child had not been seen since morning and the door was locked from inside. His persistent knocks at the door went unanswered.
Together with other tenants, they forced the door open and discovered the bodies.