Bolanle Olukanmi is one of the trail blazers on television and if you are an ardent viewer of TV programmes, then you will know she is one of the hosts of Moments on Ebony TV and she also hosted Project Fame too.
1. Bolanle who was born on August 19 was raised in four different countries – Nigeria, Israel, Kenya and America.
2. She graduated from Loyola University Chicago, with Honours in a double degree of BA Communications and BA International Studies.
3. In May 2010, while still in school, she won the Loyola University Chicago Kale Williams Award for Exceptional Work in Promoting Human Rights and Social Justice.
4. She moved back to Nigeria to do her National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), and spent the year working for a non-profit organisation in Ekiti State.
5. During her NYSC service year, Bolanle and a fellow corps member started ‘Girls For The Future’ – a gender based empowerment workshop for secondary school students, aimed at teaching the girl child of their rights and providing mentorship for the students.
6. In 2013, she won the ‘Search for Mo’s Co-host’ competition out of all hopefuls across Africa. Bolanle began her presenting career with Moment with Mo, now called ‘Moments.’ She still co-hosts the show alongside Toke Makinwa and Michelle Dede on EbonyLife TV.
7. She also co-hosts the hit reality music show ‘MTN Project Fame West Africa’ alongside the handsome Nollywood actor, Joseph Benjamin.
8. In 2015 Bolanle co-founded Sage & Walls, a multimedia production company and began producing and hosting “On the Carpet with Bolinto” a red carpet entertainment show covering A-list events in Africa.
9. She is on the board of directors for the Self-worth Organisation, an NGO that provides empowerment and skills acquisition training for widows and single mothers.
10. She recently wrote, directed and produced her first documentary titled “Gods Wives”.