Info FM OAP Adenike Oyetunde who had one of her limbs amputated at age 20 has now issued a warning to people who use her image for disability campaigns without seeking her consent.
The OAP reminded Nigerians that she is a lawyer and was called to bar ten years ago, said she will sue anyone who ventures into using her image without giving her any prior notification.
The OAP made this known to the public in an Instagram post
1) Don’t EVER use my image on your project, without first getting approval; don’t. It’s a new year!!! Be warned… 2) The fact that whatever it is, might even have to do with disability, gives you NO right to even do it. I don’t jump on EVERY project
3) Be honest with people. Imagine, I found out the 7am call, was from a member of the team. How ludicrous. And they kept passing the buck. Be RESPONSIBLE.
4) Whoever convenes, heads, organises events or projects, MUST, take full responsibility
5) STOP using peoples names, logos, images; this year, you will PAY. Stop using my own
6) It’s one project at a time. We’ll get to you all, gradually. Order must come, one day at a time.
7) That I smile, doesn’t mean, I’m a FOOL
Don’t forget I was called to bar almost ten years ago, well, like eight years now; or is it nine…whatever, you get the point.
9) Learn about Intellectual Property rights… Be smart, don’t shut your projects/campaigns down by YOURSELF. Learn to do things the RIGHT way.
10) I let an apology this time, the next one, I’ll sue your behind and you’ll pay for it.”