Actress, Foluke Daramola Salako has been in the Yoruba Movie Industry for almost two decades now and the actress is happy to celebrate the years spent in the industry.
The actress recently celebrated her 40th birthday and she couldn’t be happier for the grace and privilege to witness it with family and friends.
These are 7 things you didn’t know about Foluke Daramola.
1. Foluke Daramola was born 15th February 1978.
2. Foluke is said to have graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University.
3. In 1998, she made her film debut in a series titled Palace. Ever since then she has featured in several Yoruba movies.
4. In 2013 her film, Cobweb, which she produced and starred in got her Africa Movie Academy Awards best supporting actress nomination. She noted that the film was inspired from her personal experiences, as her parents didn’t want her to delve into acting while in school.
5. In a personal interview years ago, Foluke revealed that she was a victim of rape. This was inspired her to start “Action Against Rape in Africa” initiative, which is a movement that seeks to curb rape and bring its perpetrators to book in Africa.
6. Foluke has been married twice. Her first marriage collapsed in 2008 after three years of marriage on grounds of domestic violence. She married her current husband, Kayode Salako in 2013. She has two children from her first marriage.
7. Foluke Daramola Salako says her second husband is her soulmate and is happy to have found happiness the second time.