Former President Olusegun Obasanjo
Some prominent chieftains of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) on Wednesday, January 31, attended the launch of Coalition for Nigeria, the Third Force, proposed by former President Olusegun Obasanjo to break the political grip of the country’s two major parties.
The leader of the group, Col. Olagunsoye Oyinlola while speaking said that the need to restructure Nigeria for the better forced them to make the urgent move.
He said the new formed coalition is not all about Obasanjo.
“To say that we are legitimising Obasanjo’s legacy is wrong. I think what he has done is steering us from slumber.
“However, nobody can fault Obasanjo’s letter. We are not a political party for now. Our aim is to help Nigerians take the country from those who take the country as business. It is not the destiny of Nigeria to remain in crisis and in the doldrums,” he said.
Here is a list of some prominent APC and PDP chieftains present at the launch according to Vanguard:
1. Buba Galadima, a member of the party’s Board of Trustees, BOT.
2. Former Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola, the incumbent chairman of the Nigeria Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
3. PDP former national chairman of the party, Col. Ahmadu Ali (retd).
4. Former Governor of Cross Rivers state, Donald Duke.
5. Former PDP presidential aspirant, Dr. Abduljelil Tafawa Balewa.
6. Akin Osuntokun, a former spokesperson for ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo.
Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria