‘Expect the Unexpected’ – Lai Mohammed warns on next List of Looters

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Sunday said that the Federal Government would release another list of alleged treasury looters and that many unexpected names will be revealed.

Mohammed stated that government won’t be deterred in its bid to expose those who’ve stolen from the country over the past years.

The minister made the declaration in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital, during an interview with journalists on his way to Abuja after his condolence visits to Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed, the police and people of Offa over the recent bloody armed robbery that claimed the lives of seven policemen and many civilians.

“We are not going to ask anybody not to go to court, but what we are telling them is that they should re-examine themselves because when the government came out with its list, it was confident of the evidence it has,” said Mohammed, who has been sued by the chairman of the Poeples Democratic Party, Uche Secundus, for including his name in the list.

“No government worth its salt would be challenged and would not come out to prove that what it’s saying is correct. When it comes to evidence it’s for the courts to decide, but we want to make it clear that no amount of intimidation from any side would prevent government from releasing the next batch of looters lists and what you have seen so far is a tip of the iceberg when the list comes out. You will see that many people that Nigerians did not suspect partook in the national looting.”

Source – Olisa

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here