JAMB Sets Date For Rescheduled Examinations For Over 12,000 Candidates

Must Read

Only Buhari Can Determine Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, Ogun, FCT – FG

The Federal Government says only President Muhammadu Buhari can decide whether or not, the lockdown of Lagos, Ogun and...

COVID-19: Buhari Sends Solidarity Message To UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson

President Muhammadu Buhari has sent his message of solidarity to UK's prime minister, Boris Johnson who was rushed into...

Covid-19: Ekiti Begins Distribution Of Palliatives (Photos)

Following the lockdown imposed on the nation as a result of the novel coronavirus, Ekiti state government has begun...

Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia Expecting Up To 200,000 Cases Within Weeks – Minister

Saudi Arabia is expecting up to 200,000 coronavirus cases within weeks, the country's health minister, Tawfiq Al-Rabiah said today,...

COVID-19: Umahi Orders Production Of 200,000 Face Masks

The Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi has ordered the production of 200,000 face masks to combat the Coronavirus...
Information Nigeriahttp://www.informationnigeria.org
Information Nigeria is Nigeria's No.1 Information Portal.
JAMB’s Head of Media, Fabian Benjamin, has disclosed in a new interview that the examination board has rescheduled its UTME for 12,000 candidates across the country.
 

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Sunday said it had set May 26 for rescheduled Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) for more than 12,000 candidates across the country.

The Board’s Head of Media, Fabian Benjamin, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.

According to Mr Benjamin, more than 12,000 candidates are expected to sit for the mop up examinations in few of its centres across the country.

This category of candidates, he explained, are those whose biometrics were not captured during the initial period of the UTME in March.

He said: “It would also include those, who are yet to see their results since the end of the examinations in March till date and have not been involved in any form of malpractice.”

 

“It will also include those, who were unable to print out their e-slip before the earlier examinations and those whose centres were cancelled for suspected malpractices.’’

According to him, “there are centres that were cancelled because of suspicious activities but the board was unable to identify the actual culprits.

However, he said that those, who were involved and caught in illicit acts and centres where a case of malpractice has been established against them would not partake in the rescheduled examinations.

He advised candidates who might have fallen into any of the categories qualified for the examination to print their e-slips from Monday, May 21.

NAN recalls the board had earlier promised to reschedule the examinations for some candidates whose cases were exceptional, adding that candidates, who fall under such categories would be contacted before then.

(NAN)

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -