Shocking Story Of Police Inspector Who Died After Being Stoned By Okada Riders In Ebonyi

Must Read

Coronavirus Could Strike Every Country On The Planet – WHO

The deadly Coronavirus could strike every nation on the planet as the crisis won't slow down anytime soon, the...

How I Vowed Never To Deceive Those Who Elected Me – Senate President

Senate president Ahmed Lawan has revealed that he made a promise never to deceive people who elected him into...

Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today: 29th February 2020

Good Morning, welcome to Information Nigeria’s Newspaper headlines for today, 29th February 2020.Here are the major headlines.Repentant Terrorists To...

See The Numbers To Call If You Suspect Cases Of Coronavirus Around You

According to a report obtained from The Nation, the Lagos Speaker Mudashiru Obasa has urged residents of the state to...

LAUTECH Inducts 52 As Medical Doctors

According to reports, the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso has inducted 52 graduates as medical doctors.The event...
Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria is Nigeria's No.1 Information Portal.

The Ebonyi State Police Command on Monday confirmed the death of a police officer reportedly injured with stones by protesting commercial motorcycle operators (popularly known as Okada riders), Daily Sun reports.

The Okada riders last Thursday protested the alleged killing of their colleague by a policeman attached to the Anti-Kidnap Squad Unit of the Ebonyi State Police Command.

The deceased, Mr Ofim Ejike, who hailed from Amachi community in Abakaliki Local Government Area of the southeastern state was at about 8 p.m. on Wednesday night shot and killed by the policeman for allegedly refusing to give him a N50 bribe.

Confirming this to Daily Sun, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs Loveth Odah, said that the deceased, whose name she gave as Inspector Monday Ekon, died on Friday after efforts to revive him failed.

She disclosed that the State Police Command spent N1.6 million out of N3 million they were requested to deposit by the hospital management before the officer died.

“He died 24 hours after he was stoned. This happened in the early hours of Friday. He was stoned by the protesters around 10:32 a.m. that Friday.

“Inspector Monday Ekon was attached to the Federal Highway. They were on patrol in a convoy of nine vehicles and they were the people at the back. Stones from nowhere landed on his head. Maybe the artery cut off and blood circulation was no more adequate,” the spokeswoman speculated.

Efforts to get further information about the deceased policeman proved abortive as the police authority said the requested information was not immediately available.

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

- Advertisement -
Ad ==> Discover how a young Nigerian graduate now makes a consistent 40k per week doing a legitimate online business. You too can start yours now, click here!!!


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -