Facebook is embarking on a roadshow, the tech giant set to visit 13 universities across Nigeria in 30 days.
The roadshow is a part of its ongoing commitment and investment in growing the tech ecosystem, and driving innovation across Nigeria.
The new FB Start Accelerator programme, a deep-tech focused research and mentorship-driven initiative, will be the focus of its roadshow.
The roadshow will teach students to build solutions that utilize advanced technologies to solve problems, and build solutions for the future using Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Internet of Things, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). It will look to demystify myths surrounding “deep-tech” and promote the benefits.
Aimed at empowering start-ups and students with technical & business support, and funding to optimize their products for growth, the deep-tech focused accelerator programme will provide up to $20,000 in equity-free funding and support to innovative startups and student-teams.
13 Universities across Nigeria will be visited in 30 days, with the team already completing events at the University of Lagos (Lagos State), University of Port-Harcourt (Rivers State), Nnamdi Azikiwe University (Anambra State) and University of Nigeria, Nsukka (Enugu State). Other tour dates include:
· Oyo state, University of Ibadan, June 11
· Oyo state, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, June 12
· Osun state, Obafemi Awolowo University, June 13
· Ondo state, Federal University of Technology, Akure, June 14
· Akwa Ibom state, University of Uyo, June 19
· Plateau state, University of Jos, June 21
· Kaduna state, Colab, Kaduna, June 25
· Abuja, University of Abuja, June 26
· Kano state, Bayero University, June 27