With the win at Valladolid on Saturday, Barcelona have now won all 17 matches they played in August since losing to Numancia in August,2008.
The win on Saturday was a hard one as they had to dig deep to get the lone goal of the match through Ousmane Dembele.
There was however more drama when Valladolid thought they had equalized in the 90th minute only for the goal to be ruled out through VAR assistants.
With the streak, comes the following highlights:
- 17 consecutive LaLiga wins since 2008
- There have been 46 goals scored and Just 4 conceded
- In 14 out of the 17 games , the team kept a clean sheet
- The opposition to concede the most goals during this streak have been Betis (8 goals), Levante (7 goals), Villarreal (6 goals), Real Sociedad (5 goals)
- The top goalscorers in the streak are Messi (16 goals), Suárez (4) and Pedro (3)
- 23 different FC Barcelona players have scored during this run -there has also been one own goal scored in their favour
- The streak has come under five different coaches: Josep Guardiola, Tito Vilanova, Gerardo ‘Tata’ Martino, Luis Enrique and Ernesto Valverde