Serie A match day two started on Saturday with a lot of interesting results. Juventus maintained a 100 percent start to the league. AC Milan’s coach, Gennaro Gattuso, threw away a two goals lead to former boss,Carlo Ancelotti.
The Serie A league had enjoyed much frenzy during the off season with shocking news of Cristiano Ronaldo’s arrival and also, Bonucci left AC Milan after just a season to head back to Juventus.
To this end, we have put up 5 interesting things that happened at the Serie A last weekend.
See below, the 5 interesting things that happened in Serie A this weekend:
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s first Serie A goal still waiting: The Portuguese showed his frustration as he missed a glorious chance to open his goal account.
- Napoli continues with 100 percent start to the league: Legendary coach, Carlo Ancelotti, is not new to Serie A. Having won titles with AC Milan before moving to other European countries.
- Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone was on the stand to cheer son: The Italian was in Fiorentina to watch his son play. He gave a thumb up when his son, Giovanni, scored the final goal for Fiorentina, who kicked off their campaign with a 6-1 rout of Chievo
- Both Milan threw away two goals lead: Both clubs have not been impressive in the opening season despite being active on the transfer market this summer. Each threw away two-goal leads at the weekend. Gennaro Gattuso’s AC Milan lost 3-2 to Napoli, coached by his former boss Carlo Ancelotti, whileInter were 2-2 by Torino in the San Siro.
- Juventus maintains 100 percent start to the season: The Italian champion made it two wins from two matches. Although their mega signing, Cristianp Ronaldo, is still yet to find the back of the net.