See The Terrible Thing That Happened To Lady’s Head After She Used A Hair Dye (Photos)

Must Read

COVID-19: APC Calls For Understanding On Stimulus Package Distribution

Following the public outcry that has greeted the manner in which palliatives were shared in Lagos state over lockdown...

COVID-19: Wike Attacks FG For Giving Lagos N10b, While Rivers Gets Nothing

Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike has attacked the federal government of Nigeria for releasing a whopping sum of N10b...

Coronavirus: 140 Lebanese Evacuated Out Of Nigeria

Following the coronavirus pandemic in Nigeria, the Lebanese government has evacuated one hundred and forty Lebanese nationals through the...

4-Year-Old Tiger Tests Positive For Coronavirus

A 4-year-old Malayan tiger at a Bronx Zoo in New York City has tested positive for COVID-19, in what...

Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today: 6th April 2020

Good Morning, welcome to Information Nigeria’s Newspaper headlines for today, 6th April 2020.Here are the major headlines.Coronavirus Is Blessing...
Information Nigeriahttp://www.informationnigeria.org
Information Nigeria is Nigeria's No.1 Information Portal.

Estelle’s head doubled in size after using the hair dye

A woman’s head doubled in size after a horrific allergic reaction to a common hair dye that left her struggling to breathe.

19-year-old English student Estelle, from Paris, shared photos showing her shocking disfigurement caused by the chemical PPD, which is found in 90 percent of hair dyes.

Estele had bought a standard DIY hair dye from a supermarket in Val-de-Marne, on the outskirts of Paris.

But, she stunned social media in France after she posted her allergic reaction to PPD, in which her face looks increasingly swollen and raw.

The horrific reaction had first caused her scalp to itch before the top of head started to swell up.

Estelle had attempted to treat herself using antihistamines and cream from a pharmacist but she awoke the next day to catch a glimpse of her inflated reflection.

Speaking to French daily Le Parisien, Estelle said: “I could still see; here I was struggling to breathe.”

“My forehead had doubled in volume. My head was like a light bulb”.

Her tongue started to swell up and she was rushed her to the hospital where the circumference of her head now measured 63 cm rather than the average 56.

Estelle, who had previously suffered a mild reaction to a different hair dye, had even used the allergy test that comes with the product. But, instead of waiting the recommended 48 hours, the teen applied the dye after just 30 minutes.

Despite this, Estelle’s mother believes there should be greater awareness of the dangers behind PPD.

He mother argued: “It’s true that she didn’t follow the instructions word for word but the warning has to be clearer.”

PPD, the abbreviation for paraphenylenediamine, is also used in high concentrations in the popular black henna tattoos.

It is the prime cause of allergic reaction to hair dye and is needed for most shades of permanent colour, especially dark shades.

There is a strict limit on PPD concentration at a maximum of 2 percent and the chemical is banned in other cosmetics.

Estelle now wants her dreadful experience to act as a warning to other women who dye their hair.

Estelle before the incident

She added: “I almost died, I don’t want something similar to happen to other people.”

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -