Each year, Christmas and new year holidays bring magic to thousands of children and their families. It’s a season that celebrates loved ones, friends and families. Unfortunately, many kids in Nigeria have no one to cater or provide for them. Today, there are 8 million children in orphanages around the world without families of their own.
Last year, Sigma Pensions kicked off a campaign tagged Dear Sigma Santa where the public was asked to nominate orphanage homes across Nigeria to receive complimentary gifts and aid.
Based on the nominations, the team visited the orphanages below bearing gifts and spending time with the children.
- Anawim Home, Gwagwalada, Abuja
- Zunye Chldren Orphanage Home, Abuja
- Christ Treasured Royal Orphanage, Bako, Gwagwalada, Abuja
- Adonai Orphanage and Widow Center, Kaduna
- Children of Mary Orphanage & Motherless Babies Home, Benue
- Home of God’s Grace Orphanage, Agbowa, Ikorodu-Lagos
- Hakinos Orphanage, Ikorodu-Lagos
- JKS Orphanage Home, Iwo Road, Ibadan
- Mother of Christ Orphange Home, Ogui, Enugu
- Lifetime Caring Foundation International, Rivers, Portharcout
As an organization resolute on carrying out its corporate social responsibility and giving back to its community, Sigma Pensions put smiles on the faces of numerous children across Nigeria. Every child deserves to feel special, loved and constantly reminded that they are not alone in the world and Sigma Pensions did just that.