The most expensive perfume in the world, Shumukh, will cost a whopping 12 million Naira to get one. The unisex luxury perfume has been launched by The Spirit of Dubai Parfums by Nabeel.
Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about perfume: ‘The Spirit of Dubai’
1. Shumukh which means ‘deserving the highest’ in Arabic, has 3,571 sparkling diamonds (totalling 38.55 carats), topaz, pearls, 18 karat gold 2479.26 grams and 5892.88 grams pure silver, adorning the bottle.
2. The Spirit of Dubai Parfums is inspired by the rich and diverse cultural heritage of Dubai – an awe-inspiring city of vivid scenery and captivating contrasts of ancient tradition and all the luxuries of a thriving, cosmopolitan society. The award-winning brand launched its ‘First generation’ Luxury collection in 2015 followed by ‘Second Generation’ Ultra-luxury Collection in 2016.
3. The perfume holder stands at 1.97 metres and took over three years and 494 perfume trials to formulate, Shumukh.
4. It is estimated to last on the skin for more than 12 hours and up to 30 days on fabric and its hand-blown Italian Murano glass bottle has the capacity to hold three litres of perfume that is dispensed via a revolutionary remote-controlled spray mechanism that adjusts to the user’s ideal height.
5. Lastly, Shumukh is the only perfume to hold two Guinness World Record titles, including ‘Most diamonds set on a perfume bottle’, and ‘Tallest remote controlled (RC) fragrance spray product’.