‘How my husband was killed by our cook’ – Wife of murdered Credit Switch CEO reveals

The widow told the court that the 22-year-old Togolese cook, Sunday Anani, killed her husband three days after he was employed to work for the family.

Sunnewsonline reports that Mrs Bademosi told the court that

“I left the bank and drove through Bourdillon and went home; the security man opened the gate and I drove in and went through the kitchen door to gain access into the building, through the kitchen door, but it was locked. I knocked severally, calling on the defendant, he didn’t respond; my husband’s bedroom and the kitchen door was a distance. So I felt he must be doing something for him, so I waited by the kitchen door for a while.

“While I was waiting, I got a call from my sister in Ibadan and we spoke for about 5-6 minutes. At some point, I brought out my phone from my bag and called my husband; then I realised that the phone was being picked, but kept mute. I called him twice and it was the same thing. It was showing minutes counting but nobody was talking. At that stage, I decided to pass through the front door, thinking if I got there, there would be somebody at the door but by the time I got to the front door, I realised that the door was left ajar,” the witness stated

“I entered the apartment; by the time I got in, I looked up and saw blood flowing out, from my husband’s bedroom; I couldn’t enter because the door was a bit closed but I could see his body lying on the floor and because I wasn’t sure of what could be happening inside, the bedroom, I ran out of the building and started screaming, calling neighbours for help; a couple of people came. I told them to go up and check that something was happening, that I din’t know what exactly it was.”

Mrs Bademosi continued saying she later ran outside to ask the security man at the gate:

‘Where is that guy that oga brought into the house?’ What is happening?’ ‘Who is inside the house?’”

She said the security told her the defendant had informed him that he was sent on an errand.

“Immediately people started coming, my next door neighbours and her driver were going upstairs and I followed them but I stood at a distance and they came out and said he is gone (my husband is gone) and the defendant was not inside the house; then I passed out,” she narrated.

“By the time I woke up, I saw a crowd around me; inside the house, my husband’s corpse was lying down there, but they later took me downstairs.

“The police came and took his corpse in an ambulance, and he was buried on November 21, 2018.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here