Seven members of a family in Elele town, in Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State have been killed by generator fumes.
It was gathered that the deceased lived in an estate popularly known as Too Much Money.
According to a neighbour, they woke up early hours of Thursday and noticed that the victims’ house was still locked, adding that they had to force the main door to the one-bedroom apartment open.
Confirming the incident, Spokesperson for the Rivers state police command, Nnamdi Omoni, said preliminary investigation showed that the family died as a result of smoke from their generator.
He told journalists that investigation was still ongoing and that their corpses have been deposited at a mortuary for further investigation.