A Twitter user, @aproko_doctor, has shared the story of how a child died after his mum tried killing lice on his hair with sniper insecticide.
Read full story below:
“I just heard the shocking story of a mother who puts sniper on her child’s dreadlock and covered it with a nylon bag.
“She wanted to kill lice in his hair, but the child died.
“Sniper belongs to a group known as organophosphates and can also be absorbed through the skin be guided
See his tweet below:
I just heard the shocking story of mother who put sniper on her child's Dada and covered it with a nylon bag
She wanted to kill the lice in his hair
The child died
Sniper belongs to a group known as organophosphates and can also be absorbed through the skin
— Dr Nonso (Aproko Doctor™) (@aproko_doctor) July 3, 2019
This development is coming at a time when the National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) placed a ban on the sale of ‘sniper’ (insecticide) in open markets and supermarkets.