The popular Nigerian reality show, #BBNaija has begun with Big Brother giving the housemates the task of selecting their Head Of House (HoH) and a tour of the bedroom that comes along with the position.
Shortly after, Big Brother introduced a new currency for this Season known as Bet9ja Coins hidden in the House.
Although, BB Naira is still available but the two currencies are different types of virtual currencies and cannot be used interchangeably. Housemates will be given the Bet9ja Coins during special tasks and as a reward for individual outstanding performance.
There are five different types of Bet9ja Coins, each with a different value and Housemates are advised to use wisdom as they hunt for these treasures throughout the Season.
The Coins will allow Housemates to buy any item of their choice throughout their stay in the House such as;
- Fast food or takeaway meal: 600 Bet9ja Coins
- A spa treatment: 1000 Bet9ja Coins
- A secret room night with a friend: 1000 Bet9ja Coins
- A Nomination card: 1500 Bet9ja Coins
- A Playback recording of a diary room nomination process: 1800 Bet9ja Coins
- Immunity from nomination for one week: 2000 Bet9ja Coins
- A letter from home: 2000 Bet9ja Coins
- Veto Power position and privilege for a week: 2500 Bet9ja Coins
- HoH position and privilege for a week: 2500 Bet9ja Coins
- A video message from home: 2500 Bet9ja Coins
- Immunity from nomination for two weeks: 2750 Bet9ja Coins
An evicted Housemate may choose to give their unused Bet9ja Coins to another Housemate or return them to Big Brother. Housemates can also gift their Bet9ja coins to a fellow Housemate by either giving the key of their safety deposit box to another Housemate or, by physically handing the Bet9ja coins to another Housemate. If the unused Bet9ja Coins are given to Big Brother, he may decide to re-introduce the Bet9ja Coins into the house in whatever manner he deems fit. This is solely based on Big Brother’s discretion.
Watch the video below:
Source: Africa Magic